This super easy Graham Cracker Toffee is so delicious and addictive. Perfect for cookie plates to give to neighbors, bring to parties or just to eat! It’s quick and luscious. We love to make this graham cracker toffee every year!
Graham Cracker Toffee
Yes we call it Christmas Crack because it’s that addicting. So I am putting my disclaimer on now. I am warning you, you will not be able to eat just one piece. You should make two batches just to be safe.
With it’s crunchy graham base and buttery sweet middle, then topped with chocolate and nuts, it’s no wonder it’s a favorite. It’s so easy to throw together, and no candy thermometer needed so anyone can make it and be the hero of the day! Make it today!
Christmas Crack Ingredients
Just 5 little ingredients and voilà! Toffee Perfection
- Graham Crackers: The sturdy crunchy base
- Butter: Use salted butter to balance the sugar
- Sugar: You need to use Brown sugar.
- Chocolate Chips: Semi-sweet is what I used.
- Toffee Chips: These are optional really but add that extra toffee crunch and flavor.
Making This Addictive Graham Cracker Toffee
This is so simple you don’t have to worry about getting it wrong. It’s perfect for first time toffee makers.
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a 9×13 pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Break: Completely cover the bottom of the pan with graham crackers breaking them as needed.
- Boil: Bring the butter and sugar to a boil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Stir it constantly as you let it boil till it starts to thicken about 5 min.
- Bake: Pour over the graham crackers and bake for 7 minutes.
- Top: Remove from the oven and top with chocolate chips while still warm. Let them sit for a minute or two to melt. Spread evenly over the filling and top with toffee chips. Allow to cool completely and set before breaking into pieces.
Making This Christmas Toffee so Amazing
This is such an easy recipe to adjust and create variations and a few reminders to make divine every time.
- Stir: You don’t need to watch a thermometer for this toffee, but you do need to stir it constantly to prevent burning. It takes about 5 minutes to reach the color and consistency your looking for. If you feel like it’s burning pull it off the heat. The baking process finishes the caramelization of the toffee.
- Chocolate Chips: Put the chocolate chips on as soon as it comes out so that the chocolate will melt easier and faster.
- Cooling: Cool completely and allow the chocolate to set before cutting. You might need to speed the process by putting it in the fridge or freezer.
- Variations: This can be so fun to vary with your chocolate or toppings. You can use whatever kind of chocolate you desire, but I prefer the semi-sweet so that it’s not too sweet.
- Toppings: Be sure to put the toppings on right after the chocolate so it’ll stick. Omit the toffee and use chopped nuts, candy, pretzels, candy cane, chopped mints or cookies for endless possibilities.
- Pan: For a thinner layer of toffee, use the same recipe but with a cookie sheet instead of 9×13.
Storing Toffee (If you Have Any Left!)
- Storing: Store the toffee in an airtight container away from heat once it has set up to 2 weeks
- Fridge: This can also be stored in the fridge in an airtight container or wrapped tightly in plastic wrap.
- Freezer: Many people love to store this and eat it straight from the freezer. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and place in a ziploc freezer safe bag for up to 3 months.
More Cookie Plate Favorites
Whether it’s for the neighbor, the office, or for your own family these treats are sure to please.
5 INGREDIENT Graham CRACKER TOFFEE (CHRISTMAS CRACK)
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 7 minutes
Total Time 22 minutes
Servings 16 Servings
We love to make this graham cracker toffee every year! It is so addicting and gone in a flash!
full-size graham crackers
enough to cover the pan
light brown sugar
semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a 9×13 inch pan line with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
Place the graham crackers in a single layer along the bottom. Make sure it is fully lined breaking crackers if needed.
In a medium saucepan over medium high heat, add the butter and brown sugar. Stir constantly until butter has melted. Let the mixture boil for a few minutes until it starts to thicken.
Pour over the graham crackers. Bake for 7 minutes.
Remove pan from the oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Use a spatula to spread the chocolate over the top. Sprinkle with the toffee bits.
Allow to cool completely and harden. Cut into pieces and serve.
Updated on December 4, 2020
Originally Posted on December 10, 2012
Calories323kcal (16%)Carbohydrates32g (11%)Protein2g (4%)Fat21g (32%)Saturated Fat12g (60%)Cholesterol32mg (11%)Sodium165mg (7%)Potassium165mg (5%)Fiber2g (8%)Sugar24g (27%)Vitamin A366IU (7%)Calcium36mg (4%)Iron2mg (11%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Never miss a post! Sign up to our email list below and you’ll get an email whenever a new post goes up. Your email address will remain private and will not be added to any list except this one.